Dr. Melissa Oden
Hi, I’m Dr. Melissa Oden! Welcome to my blog! I am a Certified Health Education Specialist®, Licensed Master Social Worker, Public Health Practitioner, Certified Oola Life Coach & Founding Oola Ambassador, and Natural Health Practitioner! The mantra of my company is “Helping People Heal,” and that means healing in every aspect of your life: Spiritual, Emotional, Psychological, Physical, Mental, and Relational.
I would like to help you with...
creating and living the life of your dreams by attaining positive health outcomes through natural health principles and finding balance in the 7 key areas of life: Fitness, Finance, Family, Field, Faith, Friends, and Fun!
I am really good at...
organizing, cooking, creating vision, leading teams, teaching/educating/facilitating, throwing a GREAT party!
Some fun facts about me:
1. My name, Melissa, is Greek and it means “Honey Bee.”
2. I am a Pisces.
3. I am a confirmed night owl. I believe that nothing good can happen before 10 AM.
4. I love (and am addicted to) McAlister’s unsweet tea with lemon.
5. I also love a GOOD piece of chocolate cake. One could say I am a chocolate cake connoisseur.
6. I LOVE football! High School, College, Pro…. doesn’t matter. I love it all!
7. Music plays a huge part in my life on a daily basis. I like a wide variety of music, and what I listen to depends on my mood for the day.
8. I am the proud Cat Mom of an energetic Orange Tabby Cat named Oliver who has taught me so much about unconditional love.
9. I absolutely love teaching and facilitating groups!
10. My favorite food is Mexican Food. Chips and Salsa just might be my love language.
11. I love hosting game nights in my home. You learn a lot about people when you’re playing games with them around the dining room table.
12. I am a woman of faith who strives to walk out that faith in service to others.
Here’s what people are saying about my services:
“Dr. Melissa Oden is definitely a leader in her field. Social work is defined as a practice-based profession and an academic discipline that promotes social change and development, social cohesion, and the empowerment and liberation of people. I can truly tell that she’s walking in her calling effortlessly. Her students absolutely adore her. I was introduced to her by one of her students, my sister. I find Melissa has this amazing ability to empower others, and she’s always willing to help. I would recommend her to assist anyone on any project where her expertise is needed.”
“I have had the honor and privilege of working with Dr. Melissa Oden for the past 15 years on a number of projects. She is a highly energetic and dedicated individual who pours her heart and soul into any project she is involved with, whether it be research oriented, teaching or leading non-profit state professional organizations. She is a rare gem among a cluster of precious stones.”
“Real topics, real depth, real insight… this describes the work of Dr. Melissa Oden. I have known Dr. Oden for a number of years and consider her an outstanding health educator, social worker, public health professional and mentor. She is compassionate but will not shy away from the truth or the facts. You don’t want to miss out on her offerings.”
“Dr. Melissa Oden is such a positive influence and has an amazing ability to connect with her audience, keeping them engaged & interested. She has a wealth of knowledge and shares it openly to help improve the lives of those that are blessed enough to hear her speak.”
“Dr. Oden has the special gift of engaging everyone in the room when she is teaching. She uses unique methods that always involve her class or audience’s participation. I’ve never had a professor who was able to bring together such a diverse group of students and guide them to reach their goals and beyond!”
“Dr. Oden is not only a dynamic, energetic, articulate presenter, she engages her audience as she creates an atmosphere that nurtures growth and positivity. Dr. Oden is in tune with her audience and ensures that they leave knowing more than they did when they came. Amazingly, Dr. Oden is able to use multiple forms of teaching styles and techniques to match the learning skills of the students she teaches. The high energy levels and true commitment to teaching combined help create a learning environment that produces results.”
“Dr. Oden was my professor for two courses in my Master of Public Health curriculum. Dr. Oden was exceptionally good at making challenging topics relatable and finding inventive ways to teach the course material. I also had the pleasure of seeing her active in capacities outside the classroom, and her willingness to jump on board and invest in projects to improve the world was contagious! I can say with full confidence that she will go above and beyond to ensure that her clients are satisfied. Dr. Oden is a well-rounded public health professional and an exceptional individual.”
“When I met Dr. Oden I immediately thought about how fun she is! Then as my professor she would present herself in an extremely professional way, showing her true love for her students, along with how she supported and nurtured me along my journey to achieve my MSW. She showed me a different side of social work and for that I am grateful and more well-rounded in my professional life as a (social worker).”
“Dr Melissa Oden is a true (Texas Public Health Association) TPHA leader! She became a student member in 2003 and within a few years was an elected member of our Governing Council followed by appointment to Executive Board. In 2016 Dr. Oden became President of TPHA and chaired our Annual Education Conference in Fort Worth, Texas in 2017. She led the effort to form the student section and continues to inspire and mentor our student members today. Dr. Oden leads with confidence, honesty and integrity!”
So, let’s embark on this journey together, shall we? Let’s go!
A little more about Dr. O
- BS in Social Science, Texas Wesleyan University, 1997
- Master of Science in Social Work, University of Texas at Arlington, 2001
- Master of Public Health, UNT Health Science Center, 2006
- Doctor of Health Education, A.T. Still University, 2011
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Master Social Worker with Independent Practice Recognition, (LMSW-IPR), State of Texas
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES ®)
Other Training & Qualifications
- Certified Leader in Natural Health
- Trained Herb Specialist
Let’s Get Started!
Enter your information here to schedule a 30-minute Discovery Call to see which of my services is best for you!
Stay in Touch!
Sign up for Melissa’s newsletter: